I always think old age is 20 years older than I am. The problem is that now when I add 20 years to my age I come up with probably dead. Or at least wearing diapers. Tonight I’ve decided to reflect upon the good things about being my age.
I know that got your attention! What good things, right?
- You can tell people what you really think and they forgive you because they think you’re senile.
- Things like having your joints work when you get up in the morning means it will be a great day.
- Swollen fingers mean you’re less likely to lose your rings.
- There’s nothing left to learn the hard way.
- Gray hair actually adds body.
- You can get discounts at restaurants because you always eat before 6 pm.
- People don’t call after 9 pm because they assume you’ll be asleep.
- All the politicians that you hated in your 20’s and 30’s are now dead.
- You discover that fiber can be tasty.
- You make peace with the fact that you’re never going to be an astronaut….AND…
…Wrinkles are beautiful!!
(Maybe by next year I’ll believe that last one.)
A big THANK YOU to all my wonderful friends, family, and co-workers who have wished me a Happy Birthday today! And special thanks to Moonpie whose first comment to me this morning was to tell me I’m still his cougar. Love you, too, Sweetie Pie.:) Sidenote: the photos above were taken when Moonpie and I visited the San Diego Zoo