"People take pictures of the Summer, just in case someone
thought they had missed it, and to prove that it really existed."
-- Ray Davies
Summer’s Last Fling ~ 09.10.10
Signs that summer is on the way out:
- My current Yankee Candle tarts are called Autumn Leaves and Harvest.
- I planted pansies and ornamental cabbages around my mailbox yesterday.
- I keep eyeing the gorgeous mums in garden centers.
- I have a fall wreath on my front door.
- I almost purchased a pair of black leather slouchy boots yesterday.
- I may cook pumpkin spice cake after work today.
- The potted flowers on my deck are fading.
When Autumn officially arrives MoonPie will celebrate the lack of humidity. Woof will continue his mission to terrorize all the neighborhood squirrels. I will try to celebrate the good things that the season brings instead of dreading the drabness of winter. Who doesn’t like pumpkin spice cake and new boots?